Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Observation

Today I had another session of observation on my Year 4 Malay class by honarary headmistress. Teaching went accordingly and smooth, nothing too good or too bad. For me, it was just another session of class like what i normally do.

This is the interesting part, the comments. She commented that teacher should find the meaning of the vocabulary and tell it to the students and not asking them to find it by themselves. She meant that it is not right to let student use dictionary in class. Then she got a little problem with the sitting in the class. I let the students to sit around the teacher's desk and teach like what tuition centre is doing it since i had only four person in one class. She say that is not the correct way of teaching. Students should sit according to the sitting plan.

Then she recall back and said that she had a book on BM teaching 20 years ago which she thinks is very nice. She say she will find the book back home later and pass it to me for my reference. Oh my GOD! 20 years! Everything had changed since the past 20 years.

For teachers out there, be glad that your headmaster doesn't keep you in a museum. Now I'm stuck inside a museum gallery, still finding my way out.

Kudios!

No comments: