Monday, July 13, 2009

Injury

This little year-one-boy is running in school compound one early morning. His grandfather is the school guard. When i arrive in school, i heard his grandfather scolding him for running and sweating in the early morning. I gone into the office. It was around 6.55 am.

Around 7.20am, a teacher saw a group of students running towards the office and off he goes to see what happened. The teacher ran back after a while and told me a student had blood on his head. I grab the first aid kit and went to see.

He fell down on the cement floor during a chase and had half of his face covered with blood. His grandfather came running with a cane on his hand. He canned and scolded his grandson who is still covered with blood and crying. I'm quite shock that he didn't put the injury in priority. I only figure out the size of wound after cleaning the blood on his face. I gave a quick bandaging and send him to the nearby Klinik Desa with a colleague. I guess stitches were needed on the wound.

A nurse attended his injuries and gave some treatment. After that, the boy was given some PCM, Vitamin C and some yellow solution. The nurse said that stitches were not required. After we went back to school, i explained all the medications and remind the guard to open the bandage only after 3 days.

The second day i came to school, i saw the boy with the wound, uncovered. I don't know what the hell these parents are doing. I've explained and reminded him not to open the bandage in 3 days. It was not language barrier, i spoke Iban the other day. It is not possible he can't understand "after 3 days".

Today the boy didn't came to school. I think the wound started to swollen by this time.

No comments: