Monday, July 13, 2009

Injury again

Yes, that is blood. Don't ask me why so many injuries happened in my school. I don't know.

Last Friday, this boy had been coughing blood since morning. We didn't realize it until some students reported the matter. I ask the boy to let me see the blood. It is something serious to cough out so much blood so decided to bring him home before bringing him to the Poliklinik in Sarikei.

Upon arrival at his longhouse, many "mums" surrounded me and ask me what happened. Told them about the blood and explained to his mother. I requested his mother to come to school at 12 noon if they are going to follow the teacher to town since they don't have their own transport. She agreed so we went back to school.

At 12 noon after the school bell, we still waiting for his mother to come. She didn't turn up. We asked another parent from the same longhouse to remind her again to come at 1pm. There are still a few teachers in school by 1pm. She didn't show up either.

Today, some teacher asked the boy whether he had gone to the clinic and he replied "yes". Since he had gone to the clinic so it is a relief for us. But not later than that, he started to stand at the sink coughing blood again.

We immediately drove the boy back home, pick up his mother and drove directly to the emergency ward. I bet they didn't explain well to the clinic MA last Friday. The outpatient card i saw only stated cough.

The boy had X-ray during the checkup. Out of my surprise, i met my form 6 classmate having his practical in the ward. After X-ray, doctor attended him. The doctor asked a few questions and read a few words before he started to wear his mask. I suspected something so i quietly listen from beside. Doctor suspected tibi. 3 bottle were given for spit samples to be taken to the lab.

On the way back, Headmistress ask him not to come to school for three days. I understood that we don't want any risk of disease in school. By the way, if he is confirmed tibi patient, then many of us will get quarantined. This is occupational risk. This kind of risk never happened when i was in Cheras.

No comments: