Friday, January 2, 2009

First Day in New School

I'll write my first field report of my new school after today's registration day and meeting. First of all, I'm teaching BM year 2&4, Chinese year 3 and Science year 1,4&5. All the subjects are brand new to me. But this was nothing, most disastrous thing is I'll be having 43 periods in one week. That is really a number i never saw before.

About my new school, SJKC Su Dok is located 16 km from Sarikei town which I'll use motorcycle to school everyday. There are around 30 students in the school and I'm the form teacher for year 3, total 8 students. One school headmaster, 5 colleagues and 4 more GSTT going to report in soon. My headmaster is okay, not bad, but i strongly believe that headmaster in this world are all long breath.

But now i'm kind of missing the systematic and structured management in Connaught 2 which were done in more professional manner. Things which i saw here is rather blur and not very systematic. I think it depends on the leader and the environment also. School with 30 students, what can i hope for?

One more thing, I'm really used to type my lesson plan. Now i have to write lesson plan, especially chinese words which i abandoned for so many years. No more marker pen also. Chalk will become my friend again, contaminating my lungs five days a week.

Then comes to money. My salary here is not much different but the extra income is extreamly, too much difference. Now, in Connaught 2, every 45 minutes i get RM40. Here, under Skim Baucer Tuisyen i only cost RM2.50 an hour. This is much worse then financial crisis. My "saham" drop from RM 40 an hour to RM2.50 an hour.

But anyhow, at least I'm back to the land where i belong. Nothing worth more than the fresh air and the greenish environment we had in Borneo. As i'm moving in to my house, so i won't be online for quite a while because my house is not connected with phone yet. After i had the phone line done, then i'll keep everyone informed again.

So, take care everyone. Happy new year! Wish all the best for everybody.

No comments: