Monday, April 5, 2010

Voluntary Blood Donation - is rotten!

I'm not sure about other places, but I'm real certain that in Sibu, Voluntary Blood Donation nowadays are like selling blood! Why? Rice, exchange blood for rice! It's barter system.

I have no problems with giving a token of appreciation to people who helped by donating blood. It is a noble deed and should be praised for the effort. But somehow this culture of "voluntary" blood donation is rotten. Hundred packets of rice are placed at the donating location. This culture had been for a round two years now and I'm not so please with it. Ever wonder to try organize it one day without giving out rice? Then you will start wondering where did hundred's of active donors gone to. I'm not saying that all donors are like that, but somehow this is not the best way to appreciate them because it only raise bad culture. If suddenly dengue strikes and there is not enough rice to spare and bloods are needed everywhere then what do you do?

I had been a donor for the past few years and i am still donating. But i avoid donating st such events that give out rice. I can't support an activity that will encourage bad culture. I find myself donating at hospital is rather peaceful.

Keep the word "voluntary" alive... It's important!

1 comment:

Raktadan Samiti Amravati, INDIA. said...

Dear friend,
Such is the world & this is life.But dont get discouraged due to such insidences.Help the needy people get blood free & Fight against such evil practices and make people realise that SERVICE TO HUMANITY IS THE BEST WORK OF LIFE.