Saturday, November 28, 2009

Older are wiser

Came out for a drink with someone much older than i am, a lecturer. We talk a bit on this and that. On the way back home, i told him about the problem i had in school. I had this problem since i came back this year when i really had my mind all screwed up.

Teaching in this small school is something totally unexpected, not the environment or the location. It's the students. I had tried all kinds of ways in teaching them hoping that they will progress in their studies. But no matter what i did, they remain the same. During the end of each sessions, the conclusion is they don't understand or they just didn't remember anything at all. It's not that i didn't do anything or changed anything. I had came to the edge of the river. No wonder other teachers are so cool while teaching. They already gain their "zen".

Well, this lecturer friend of mine tell me something which let me think he is somehow wiser because of his life experience. He told me to teach tuition class. He reason that i should teach tuition class in order not to lose all the techniques and on the other hand to keep myself motivated in teaching. I somehow agree with what he had said and this should be the first time i found a good reason that i should start teaching tuition classes.

No comments: