Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reality In Education

Books are great partner in life
But books isn't everything
From what I see and hear
Lousy students earn more money than scholars.

Tuition classes are crowded with students
Even supermarkets had to step a pace behind
These classes suppose to help weak students
How come genius-grade A students are also here?

Piano's voices are a grace to the mind
Smiling angels playing musics and sang a song
But I didn't saw that through the glass window
Only a girl crying while playing piano.

Teachers are no more like granddaddy's generation
They enrich their heart with patient and soft voice to share
"Little boy, you should do your homework last night"
"You be careful! my daddy will complaint you to the education department".

Philosophy says:"develop individual's potential in a holistic and integrated manner"
Principal says: "I want results! I want more As! I want improvements"
District Office says:"Give me data! Show me black and white!"
Teachers... nothing to be said.

There is a head prefect chosen every year
He signify the leadership among the students
There are head prefects chosen nowadays
They signify more marks for Ko-K

Yeah! It's Friday!
Starting tomorrow is a week's semester holiday!
Wait! Said the school principal...
Year 6 will have tuition classes on next Monday to Friday...


No comments: